Saturday, 31 March 2018
March 31, 2018
BASIC QUICHE RECIPE - HAPPY FOODIES DECK
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
(1 stick) cold butter, cubed
4 tbsp. ice water
8 slices bacon cooked
1 shallot, minced
pinch of cayyene pepper
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 c. packed fresh basil, chopped
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
2 c. baby spinach
1 (15-oz.) can artichoke hearts, chopped
1 1/2 c. shredded white cheddar
1/4 c. freshly grated parmesan
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 c. cherry tomamtoes halved
6 large eggs
1 c. heavy whipping cream
Freshly ground black pepper
a. In a food processor, put flour and salt to combine.
b. Add butter and pulse until slightly larger than the size of peas.
c. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture starts to come together. Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a disc.
d. Wrap it in plastic sheet and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
2. Now preheat oven to 375°
3. On a lightly floured surface roll crust to a 1/4 inches thick and drape over a 9 inches pie plate. Fold excess crust under itself and crimp edges. Poke bottom of crust all over with a fork, then place in freezer until ready to use.
4. Make filling:
a. Whisk together eggs and cream and season with salt and pepper.
5. Then add spinach, artichoke, and cheddar over crust. Pour some filling over it, then sprinkle Parmesan, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes over it.
6. Scatter tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella over crust. Pour in egg mixture.
7. Scatter bacon and shallot over crust. Pour in egg mixture, then sprinkle with cayenne and nutmeg.
8. Bake until crust is golden and quiche is just set, atleast for 35 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving.